Why Come With Us...?
The price. Can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Can I get it for more expensive elsewhere?
Yes. And yes. On the high end – the better agencies are charging around $3000 to $4000. The lower end agencies…well the bottom is the limit and so are the services they provide. Since your life is literally in the hands of your leader, your guides, your Sherpas, and the company that is organizing the trip and providing you with critical safety information – why risk your life and go with a bargain agency? Our price is right in line with the nicer and safer agencies.
Reasons why you should trek with us:
- Professionally led by Western Leader Lance Trumbull – Expedition Leader of the Everest Climb for Peace expedition to the summit of Mt. Everest. Lance also produced and directed the film – Everest: A Climb for Peace. See a link to Lance's bio below.
- Co-led by DaYula Sherpa: One of our main Sherpas for our Everest Climb for Peace Expediton and seen on our film, DaYula has summitted Everest and other 8000 meter peaks; he is an incredible climber and wonderful resource of knowledge. Although there is nothing technical about our Base Camp trip, having DaYula will add an additional layer of safety to this trek.
- The trek has been co-organized by Jamie McGuinness – co-leader of the Everest Climb for Peace Expedition. Although Jamie will not be trekking with us, Jamie’s footprint is all over this itinerary and trip. Jamie literally wrote the book on Trekking in the Everest Region. See a link to Jamie's his bio below.
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service. Unlike many expedition companies – where you do not know or hear from the agency until you arrive, we cater to your specific communication needs. Your leader - Lance Trumbull is readily available via email and phone to answer any and every question that you may have. You will arrive in Kathmandu for your trek with peace-of-mind feeling and knowing 100% that you are ready for the journey ahead of you.
- More Sherpas and Porters. We will have experienced Sherpas, including Everest summiteers on our trek and we will have individual porters for each person to make sure that all you are carrying is your day pack, and also to make sure that when you arrive at the next destination the porters will also arrive with your gear. We make it a point to pay our Sherpas and Porters more than your typical agency.
- Better and Safer Itinerary. Built in our longer itinerary are several rest and safety days so everyone can acclimate properly and to have extra time in case of bad weather or other unforeseen issues. Also, in the unlikely case that someone does get sick we will have the leadership and the manpower to have that person brought down safely without negatively affecting the rest of the group.
- Better Safety. With having a leader, Sherpas, and porters who are experienced, who know what they are doing, and who have strong commitment to client care and service: we really look out for you. We are constantly monitoring your health and making sure throughout the trip that everything is running smoothly. We will be taking the following:
- First Aid Kit
- Pulse Oximeter (measures your oxygen and pulse rate)
- Satellite Phone
- And the best safety measures: an excellent itinerary, care and respect for our clients, and common sense!
- The Peace Trek aspect of it. I believe everything we do in life matters and although our peace trek will not bring about world peace – it is nice to be a part of something greater than yourself and to have a higher goal and purpose.
- A Community Feel. In line with the peace part of it; we will do our best to give the trek a community feel to it; not in a New-agey touchy feely sort of way, but in a down to earth way in which our goal is to have you leave the trip feeling better about yourself - and the world in general for that matter (don’t laugh Everest is indeed a magical place!)…and along the way hopefully you return home having made some new friends.
How is it a “Peace Trek”?
-Although this trek is not a major expedition like our Everest: Climb for Peace expedition in which people of different faiths and cultures – including Palestinian and Israelis climbed to the summit of Mt. Everest for peace, it is nevertheless a long and special journey to an incredibly beautiful place. On our Trek for Peace we hope that a diverse group of people from different backgrounds and cultures will indeed share out mutual journey of discovery and experience – from majestic peaks to holy places of pilgrimage.
There is nothing quite like bringing people together for a common goal and doing it in a positive, productive and peaceful manner; this is our goal and mission – to do this while also reaching Everest Base Camp and the summit of the trekking peak – Kala Pattar. But as the saying goes, the journey truly is the destination and on the path to Everest each step that is taken is one taken in beauty and awe.
On our trip we will take a large United Nations flag with us and unfold it on the top of Kala Pattar 18,209 feet; we will do this as a symbol of international peace and friendship. For those who may come from a country that is not part of the UN, you are also welcome to bring a flag of your home country.
|< Prev||Next >|