Book a Trip with The Everest Peace Project
You are booking a trip with The Everest Peace Project. We are an Oregon based Corporation often doing non-profit type of work.
- Our primary address:
The Everest Peace Project
6071 SW 208th Place - Beaverton, Oregon.
In Nepal we often work together with Explore Himalaya Travel and Adventure (Private) Limited, and Jamie McGuinness of Project Himalaya.
- In order to book a trip / tour you must sign a waiver and release form. It is an essential condition of booking with us that you realize and acknowledge that this is an adventure tour / trip where you will be exposed to dangers above and beyond your normal everyday life at home. An adventure trip in Nepal requires a sense of exploration, wonder - and yes, at times - a sense of humor!
To Book With Us:
- First Contact Us and let us know via email that you are interested in a trip. We are of course happy to speak with you if you have any questions.
- Next - we will immediately send you a booking form and a waiver / release form to fill out and return.
- When we receive the completed and signed forms along with a $500 non-refundable deposit you will be considered booked on our trip.
- Your booking will be confirmed by email.
- The deposit is non-refundable - if you cancel the trip you lose the deposit. We will refund any other additional money paid.
- If you do not show up in Kathmandu on the agreed date we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 24 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour, and there is no refund of any money paid.
- The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (Force Majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war.
- If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us, ie including the deposit. We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- Before joining the tour you must take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation in case of emergency.
- The trek information web pages give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation. Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances. No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams.
- All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc) is given in good faith but without responsibility by us. You must consult your personal doctor for issues relating to your body and health.
- You agree to abide by the authority of the leader of the tour / trip.
Trekking in Nepal is an incredible and rewarding experience. But it is for active and healthy people who are capable of strenuous and vigorous hiking. There is not much level hiking on our Trek for Peace - there are lots of ups and downs and you should be prepared physically and mentally for the trip. Although you do not need to have any technical climbing training or experience, you should be a strong and experienced hiker and should have previous experience with backcountry camping and be willing and able to go through the physical hardship of trekking in the great outdoors with all its potential hardships and discomforts (not taking a shower or bath for several days! And being okay being around fellow stinky people!). During this trek you will spend many days at altitudes between 10,000 and 18,000 feet. Although the trails are not overly difficult, when you add this extreme altitude it makes the walking all the more challenging. Now with that said - with some good conditioning and a great attitude you should have the trip of your lifetime!
It is not only wise but also necessary that a good physical conditioning program start at least 3 months before the trek. We will be happy to speak with you about this.
A physician's signature is required for participation on this trip.
- You should bring a smile, your sense of adventure and a curiosity to learn about other cultures and ways of life. -
|< Prev||Next >|